Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Quick-Clean Vacuum Brushes

I'll admit right up front that I'm not the world's best housekeeper.  I'm not even in the running.  However, when I do clean, I like for my cleaning tools and supplies to work.  Otherwise I'm just wasting my time.  My vacuum was getting a little sluggish, and I turned it over and noticed that the brushes were all gunked up and tied down with this yuckiness:



Gross, I know.  I remembered seeing a Pinterest pin suggesting using a seam ripper to get all that out of there.  I'm not a seamstress and didn't have one.  As luck would have it, I happened to be headed to the craft store around this time, so I picked one up there.

I think I paid $2.49 for this, somewhere around there.  


You just use the sharp part to rip out the lint/strings/hair/whatever.  It's certainly quicker than using scissors or just trying to pull everything out.

It was a quick little poke, push, rip, twist, pull, and voila!


This took almost no time at all.  Best of all, I really think it improved the suck power of my vacuum.  This tip is a keeper!

BEFORE

AFTER



No comments:

Post a Comment